We got tired of problems with umbrellas tipping over continuously and not keeping out the rain, so we installed a central beam with a Sunair motorized awning on either side. The awning installation was easier than we thought, although the factory guarantee apparently is not in effect since we self-installed. Drilling the holes in the steel beam and keeping them level wasn’t too difficult for my husband. Our electrician did the hardwiring so we have an indoor and outdoor hardwired switch. I must say the powder-coated frames aren’t as heavy as expected for the money we paid. Hopefully, we get several seasons out of them since the Dooya Chinese motor makes a lot of noise when opening and closing.